Eat Drink RI is proud to present the second Open House at the State House, hosted by Governor Gina Raimondo and First Gentleman Andy Moffit, on the Saturday following the Governor’s second inauguration. The event will feature tastings from Rhode Island restaurants and food and beverage producers, as well as performances from a diverse variety of local groups. Admission is free with a suggested donation of a non-perishable food item to the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Presented by The Savory Grape — a group of Rhode Island’s best chefs, bartenders and pastry chefs prepare a Festival closing brunch in the Grand Ballroom at the Providence Biltmore, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Rhode Island Philharmonic Foundations in Learning Exploration.
Participating restaurants & chefs include:
- Ryan Beaudoin and Jeremy Ewing-Chow from Red Stripe, Providence & East Greenwich
- Christopher Champagne from 84 Tavern on Canal, Westerly
- Kelly Dull from north bakery, Providence
- Andrea LaFazia from Elmwood Diner, Providence
- Jennifer Luxmoore from Sin, Providence
- Maria Meza from El Rancho Grande, Providence
- Sara Reilly from Ellie’s Bakery, Providence
- Kaitlyn Roberts from Easy Entertaining Inc., Providence
- Colin Sepko from Julians, Providence
- Joe Simone from Simone’s, Warren
- Ben Wood from UMelt and Wildwood, Providence
Coffee by New Harvest Coffee Roasters
Rhode Island Philharmonic musicians performing during the brunch will feature a jazz ensemble and include members of the Rhode Island Philharmonic Youth Jazz Program.
Tickets are $75 and includes all food and beverage samplings offered, as well as a donation to the Rhode Island Philharmonic Foundations in Learning Exploration.
Eat Drink RI’s David Dadekian is on the Raimondo Inaugural Committee and is very excited to be incorporating local food & drink into the events listed in the following news release. The Open House at the State House on Saturday, January 10th from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The final Rhode Island Food Fights event of 2014, The Spectacular Cookie Smackdown, was held this past Sunday, December 7th at Fête in Providence. Ten area bakeries specializing in cookies and sweet treats competed to see who had the best.