Mayor Jorge Elorza, the Department of Art, Culture + Tourism and the Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce the 2018 PVD Winter Lights Market and Tree Lighting produced by the City of Providence and the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy. This year, Providence’s annual holiday tradition will take place over two days and feature a wealth of activities for all to enjoy including two tree lighting ceremonies, world champion figure skating demonstrations, special giveaways, live performances, an Artisan Marketplace and so much more!
Eat Drink RI is proud to be curating the Artisan Marketplace for a second year. The Market will take place Friday, November 30th from 5-9 p.m. and Saturday, December 1st from 3-9 p.m. Vendors are required to commit to the entire time on both days. This event is intended to showcase local Rhode Island artists & food artisans working with a variety of mediums, focusing on affordable gifts for the holiday season. Be aware that guests will probably not be parked nearby and particularly large and/or heavy items may be difficult to carry. Artist categories may be closed if considered full to keep a healthy balance of all mediums exhibited.
A heated tent will be set up in the trolley lane in between the ALEX AND ANI City Center and Burnside Park. Vendors are required to bring a 6’ table and everything needed for booth set-up. The booth fee is $140 for both days. Overnight security is provided and vendors may leave their booths set-up overnight Friday evening. You will be emailed a Square payment invoice upon acceptance, after the jury process and invoices must be paid in full within one week of acceptance to hold your booth space. Please be certain of your commitment to exhibit for both dates, as there are no refunds once payments are made. Load-in information will be sent upon acceptance to the show.
Be advised that every vendor will need the following items and will be asked to provide them upon acceptance into the market:
- Peddler’s License
- Sales Tax Permit OR a non-taxable permit (free) if the vendor is selling only non-taxable items (such as clothing) OR an Artist’s Certificate of Exemption.
- For questions about an Artist’s Certificate of Exemption, please call RI State Council on the Arts 401-222-3880.
- For questions about tax permits, please call RI Division of Taxation 401-574-8893.
Applications are due Monday, November 19th by noon. To be considered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Business name
- Will you need access to electricity
- Description of work being sold (be as specific as possible)
Additionally, please attach three images of your work/products in jpg format.
- Images of work should be current, not more than 2 years old.
- Images may be used for publicity purposes.
- Please use the following syntax to identify your images:
Incomplete emails will not be considered.