Website Seven Stars Bakery
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef/Bakery Production Manager to join and successfully manage our Production Bakery operation. This full time, hands-on position requires an individual with the experience of planning and managing the production of scratch baking of exceptional quality product and pastry artistry. You will also be part of the team of 30 talented staff members (includes everyone from pastry mixers, the pastry prep team to product packers and dishwashers) to ensure all fulfillment to retail and wholesale accounts are met.
We are open 7 days a week so availability on weekends is required
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Management of all bakery production staff: scheduling; time approval, training, performance expectations and allocation of tasks – monitor labor hours/costs
· Oversee all production of pastry goods, including but not limited to: cookies, brownies, breads, specialty pastries, sandwiches etc. New Product Development while maintaining existing profitable products – continual review
· Maintain neat and clean production kitchen with crew at end of each day to ensure all protocols are followed per Serv Safe and that local BOH sanitary standards are met.
· Vendor relations – keeping a weekly/monthly inventory and placing orders for all bakery production supply needs; developing new relationships with untapped sources; continually monitor all food costs and ways to reduce costs without compromising quality of our baked products.
· Monitoring Product Rotations and ensuring freshness codes; know inventory status at all times.
· Oversee that all the equipment in the Production Bakery is clean and in proper working condition, ensuring any issues are taken care of in a timely fashion
· Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
· Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. Some understanding of Spanish language is also helpful but not required. Bilingual Preferred.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
Attributes : Have a positive attitude and enthusiastic personality. Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with staff and with other managers (regardless of department – everything is a team effort here).
Education : Graduation from accredited Culinary school, or equivalent work experience. Culinary Arts Degree preferred but will consider overall experience.
Experience : Minimum of 3+ years of Management experience as a Pastry Chef or relevant experience required. Thorough knowledge of Pastry Arts and Techniques. Familiar with monitoring of food and labor costs. Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
Certificates: Serv Safe and Allergen Certified preferred.
Physical Requirements: Standing for prolonged periods of time; bending, reaching, lifting and must be able to grasp/move/lift/carry approx. 40+lbs. as needed
Work Schedule/Compensation: Our full-time manager schedule is avg. 40-50 hours/week, likely to be more during holidays and includes Sat/Sun hours as part of your work schedule (production bakery is 24 hours a day).
We offer competitive wages and benefits, which commensurate with candidate’s applicable work experience and education.
Visit www.sevenstarsbakery.com to complete an application. Please respond with a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume for review.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Seven Stars Bakery is an award-winning neighborhood bakery that opened in 2001 making artisan breads, morning pastries and serving coffee. We now have 3 of our own cafes, a separate baking facility in Pawtucket and we also serve wholesale customers and attend farmer markets. In 2015, we purchased a mill and now mill all of our own whole grains (about 300 lbs. per day). Seven Stars is a family owned and operated business that emphasizes quality all around: baked goods, food, coffee, customer service, employee experience. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Seven Stars Bakery offers paid time off, health and dental insurance and 401K with company match for full time employees.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sevenstarsbakery.com/join-our-team/ →