Website Rhode Island School of Design
RISD Dining + RISD • Caters
RISD Dining is a self-operated dining department that operates 5 dining venues and a full service Catering+Events division at the Rhode Island School of Design. With a mission of providing an exceptional dining experience, and an astute dedication to supporting local farms & seasonal menuing, the RISD Dining team aims to provide the best food and hospitality for both the RISD community and greater New England.
As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
RISD Dining + RISD • Caters is hiring a full time Line Cook, to work under the guidance of our Executive Chef and skilled crew of Sous Chefs. This is a hands-on role that assists our Senior Culinary team with the development and production of a wide variety of recipes and menus. In addition, this position is expected to:
– Help supervise kitchen staff to maintain cleanliness of the kitchen, including all preparation and serving areas, with strict attention to sanitation procedures.
– Be responsible for opening or closing the operation and all associated duties
– Actively participate in a team setting, with keen attention to exceptional customer service, and to classical culinary and aesthetic detail in support of the department’s mission.
– High school diploma required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– One to three years of experience as a cook or other related employment, with progressive responsibility in a fast-paced, high volume restaurant or institutional food service setting with high quality standards.
– Some cash handling experience preferred.
– Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is required or must be attained within orientation and review period.
– A valid driver’s license and safe driving record is preferred.
All interested candidates must apply online to be considered. Please do so here: http://careers.risd.edu/postings/1866
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.risd.edu.