Website Rhode Island Community Food Bank
Position Title: Seasonal Community Farm Coordinator
McCoy Community Farm
106 Birch Swamp Road
Warren, RI 02885
Our Mission: McCoy Community Farm is a volunteer-led effort dedicated to providing fresh local produce to food pantries in the Food Bank’s service area. In the farm’s 5 years of operation, volunteers have harvested and distributed over 60,000 pounds of vegetables.
Our Vision: Improving access to fresh produce for our neighbors in need.
Position Summary: This volunteer position coordinates an established volunteer force at McCoy Community Farm throughout the local growing season (June-October). This individual will manage the volunteer calendar, lead shifts on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings, coordinate and track produce deliveries to area food pantries, and communicate with Food Bank staff as needed for supplies.
Hours and Shifts: June-October; Tuesdays 4:30-7pm, Sundays 8:30-11am; 1-2 additional hours weekly (flexible)
Protocol and Responsibilities:
1. Manage volunteer calendar and recruit new volunteers.
2. Lead volunteer shifts on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings during the growing season.
3. Schedule and track produce deliveries to member agencies.
4. Serve as liaison to the Food Bank for any support or supplies needed.
5. Work with agency members and volunteers of diverse background and cultures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Detailed oriented
- Able and willing to work independently
Please contact mailto:email@example.com for additional information or to apply for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org