Ocean State Aquaculture Association
The mission of the Ocean State Aquaculture Association (OSAA) is to promote the interests of practicing commercial aquaculturists in the State of Rhode Island. For the first time in its history the OSAA has the opportunity to hire a full-time executive director. The executive director’s primary goal will be to create an atmosphere in Rhode Island in which the commercial aquaculture industry can develop and grow. This will be achieved by creating a program of public education and active participation in policy formation.
The executive director will manage the day-to-day operations of the OSAA to achieve the mission and strategic objectives of the organization. The core responsibilities of the position are as follows: (1) take direction from and communicate effectively with the Board of Directors to ensure that the organizations mission is being fulfilled and the strategic plan is being followed (2) develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization (3) implement programs, develop strategic plans and conduct community outreach to further the mission (4) manage all operations efficiently and effectively.
Duties: Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Attend all meetings of the board and membership
2. Submission of annual budget and financial documents to the board
3. Fundraising to maintain the organization and the executive director position
4. Increasing OSAA membership
5. Foster unity and cohesion within industry to enable common goal setting
6. Evaluation of programs and member satisfaction
7. Manage the creation of a newsletter and other forms of public outreach
8. Monitor progress and inform the membership of relevant pending policy changes
9. Represent the OSAA at stakeholder meetings, committees and public hearings
10. Serve as the main point of contact for elected officials, regulators and media
11. Build relationships with existing and prospective partners
Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· At least seven to ten years of relevant experience;
· Be capable of working under pressure;
· Be of strong moral character with excellent leadership and motivational skills;
· Be an excellent public speaker that thinks and speaks well and is capable of taking the association’s views on different matters to both the membership and the public;
· Be an effective negotiator and collaborator;
· Successful prior grant writing experience;
· Possess excellent written communication skills;
· Possess the flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and ability to meet the goals and deadlines of the Board of Directors.
Compensation: The base pay of this position is $60,000 per year. The executive director will serve as a sub-contractor to the OSAA. This position does not include benefits.
Funding for Position: This position is funded by the State of Rhode Island for $60,000 in 2020, $50,000 in 2021 and $40,000 in 2022. It is the expectation of the OSAA that the deficit in salary in 2021 and 2022, as well as funding for the position beyond 2022 will be filled through the fundraising efforts of the executive director. Existing state funding for this positon is not guaranteed and is subject to change at any time. Due to this fact, the OSAA seeks a highly-motivated candidate with proven fundraising abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to Matt Behan, President of OSAA at email@example.com by January 31st, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org