Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management Division of Agriculture Notice of Public Meeting for October 29, 2014, 3:30 PMNotice is hereby given that a public hearing regarding the Local Agriculture and Seafood Act (LASA) Small Grants and Technical Assistance Program will be held in Room 300 of the RI Department of Environmental Management, at 235 Promenade Street, Providence, Rhode Island on Wednesday, October 29th at 3:30 pm. The purpose of this hearing is to accomplish the purposes of RIGL 2-25-8 which requires the Department to annually schedule and conduct one or more public meetings to solicit input from the general public on whether the program is meeting its intended purposes, and to solicit recommendations for modifying the program. AGENDA:
- General overview of the program (Ken Ayars, DEM)
- Grant round #1 overview (Leo Pollock, RI Food Policy Council)
- Group breakouts
- Discussion relative to 2015 round #2 priorities
- Discussion relative to outreach strategy for 2015 round #2
- Wrap up & next steps (Ken Ayars & Leo Pollock)
Newport’s Tallulah on Thames BBQ, Burgers + Beer Wednesdays and Sunday Suppers
BBQ, BURGERS + BEER Every Wednesday…. Starting October 22nd thru the end of December…. Tallulah’s Team is serving up its infamous Blackbird Farm Burgers, “The Classic” or “The Tallulah” along with a new soon to be staple, Chef Jake’s home-style BBQ plate! Check it out and grab some grub only on Wednesday’s at Tallulah!
SUNDAY SUPPERS Pre-Fixe (set) 3-course menu $35.00/person (includes a glass of wine) Every Sunday starting November 2nd thru the end of December is our homage to American + Ethnic classic family suppers. Our regular tasting menu is offered too!For reservations to BBQ, Burgers + Beer or Sunday Suppers call 401-849-2433. Tallulah on Thames is at 464 Thames St., Newport, RI 02840.
Five Providence Chefs and Mixologists to Represent Providence At StarChefs International Chefs Congress in New YorkFour local chefs and one local mixologist have been tapped by StarChefs.com, a prestigious culinary media group that targets industry professionals, to represent Providence at the 9th Annual StarChefs International Chefs Congress in Brooklyn, New York from Oct. 26-28. Representing the city will be:
- Jay Carr of The Eddy;
- Melissa Denmark of Gracie’s and Ellie’s Bakery;
- James Mark of North;
- Jake Rojas of Tallulah’s Taqueria;
- Derek Wagner of Nick’s on Broadway.
- Melissa Denmark Juniper Pavlova, Hojicha Chocolate Pudding, Autumn Olives, Toasted Almonds, and Honey
- James Mark Salt Pond Oysters with Preserved Tomato Vinegar
- Jake Rojas Aquidneck Island Blue Fish Tacos
- Derek Wagner Point Judith Fluke, Sweet Potato, Cranberry, and Cider.