Easy Entertaining, a Farm to Fork Catering company in Providence, is looking to hire event staff for the summer months. Potential to stay on through Fall and Holiday season available.
ServSafe Certification REQUIRED NON NEGOTIABLE.
If applying one must have experience in catering or banquets and have some knowledge of local farms
This is an “as needed” basis. Great for students or people with other full time jobs looking to earn some
money on the side. All chefs are responsible for their own workman’s compensation insurance, and will be
able to sign up for jobs as they correlate with their schedules.
Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Chef’s typically work with a manager on site or in the kitchen. Every event is prepared in our Cafe
• Chefs are required to prep for events as well as conduct the kitchen at events.
• If applying one must be an extremely hard worker, timely, and resourceful.
• Good manners along with a sense of tact and diplomacy are as important as culinary skills for this
position. Some lifting, loading, unloading, set-up and transportation of food and equipment should be
expected. Use of own transportation and a willingness to travel throughout RI and Southeastern MA
• Most events take place nights and weekends. Hours available are dependent upon business need
and often follow holiday and seasonal demand. The opportunity exists for this position to influence that
demand in many positive ways. The contribution of fresh ideas and points of view that reflect the
interests and objectives of Easy Entertaining, Inc. or their intended audience is encouraged. Each staff
member is expected to represent Easy Entertaining, Inc. in a professional, courteous, tactful and
pleasant manner, as well as contribute positively to a lively, energizing and fun work environment.
1. Email your current food service resume **
2. Email your serve safe or safe food handlers certification **
3. Email your availability **
4. Optional but recommended – send references
5. In SUBJECT LINE place EVENT CHEF & ASSISTANTS **
** Required for your application to be reviewed
We will respond if you meet our criteria via phone or email to set up an interview and bench test.
A bench test is required and will determine pay rate.
Reviews are given every 6 months for pay increases.
$12-$15 per hour before gratuities