Full-time opportunity (40+ hours/week)
We’re looking for a baker to join us at our new storefront! You’ll be making dough, rolling, boiling and baking bagels, preparing cream cheese, and prepping other food for service.
The ideal candidate will be pleasant to work with, a team player who’s not above any task, hard-working and able to handle a very fast-paced work environment. We like to have fun, but we take our work very seriously — you should too!
Minimum requirements — please make sure you meet these before applying:
- No culinary degree required, but prior kitchen experience is an absolute must — internships, class time, and paid work all count!
- High stamina and endless hustle
- Available between 3 AM and 2 PM Wednesday through Sunday (actual hours may vary)
- Fit enough to lift 50-lb bags of flour and stand on your feet for hours at a time
- Familiarity with our brand and products
- Above all, we value reliability. You must always be on time and ready to work at your best.
Preferred qualifications — these are nice-to-haves:
- Background/experience in bread or pastry
- An affinity for numbers (scaling up/down recipes, for example)
- Recipe development experience
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Making dough and rolling bagels
- Boiling & baking bagels
- Preparing cream cheese spreads, deli items and pastries
- Kitchen clean up
- Recipe development
- Helping with ingredient inventory & reorder
What’s in it for you:
- Hourly compensation starting at $12/hour, plus your share of pooled tips
- Breakfast on us
- Continuous learning in the kitchen – we’ll train together to expand our menu offerings
- Regular team events
- Ability to influence & collaborate on our menu and operations
- As much training/exposure to business building as you want: strategy, marketing, partnerships, etc.
- The thrill of being part of a startup!