On Tuesday, September 18, 2012, Chef Matt Jennings of Farmstead Inc. and Chef Beau Vestal of New Rivers prepared dinner at the James Beard House in New York. Their menu was a tribute to and celebration of Julia Child who would have had her 100th birthday earlier this year. Above is a video from the kitchen that evening. It is a time-lapse of a little over an hour of footage compressed into under four minutes. Another post will follow with photographs and an interview with the chefs at the event.
- News Bites: Kids & Chefs Cook for Success, Easy Entertaining New Early Winter Menu, Harry’s Bar & Burger Opens Second Location in Providence
- News Bites: American Heart Association’s National Eating Healthy Day, Newport Restaurant Week 2014, Thirst Boston Showcases Providence Bartenders
- News Bites: Boy Scouts Collecting for the RI Community Food Bank, Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers Market Opening, JWU Program Review and Tour
- News Bites: Local Agriculture and Seafood Act Grant Program Public Hearing, Tallulah on Thames Burgers BBQ & Sunday Suppers, Providence Chefs & Bartender to Represent at StarChefs in N.Y.
- News Bites: Newport Vineyards Opens Restaurant, DEM Farm Viability Grants, Cook & Brown Public House Wins National Competition
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Food Trucks In the Area
Blackbird Farm Champe Speidel chef cocktail David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner farm Farmstead Gracie's Jake Rojas Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway Persimmon Providence restaurant Rhode Island RI wine