Chef Matt Jennings of Farmstead & La Laiterie in Providence joins New England Patriots’ fans Chefs Jamie Bissonette, Tiffani Faison and Gabriel Frasca in putting their pride where their mouths are in a big Super Bowl bet against New York Giants’ fans Chefs Harold Dieterle, Lee Anne Wong and Michael Ferraro. The trash talk begin last week between Jennings and Wong on Twitter (see @matthewjennings and @leeannewong) and soon enveloped the rest of the Twittering chefs until today saw Food & Wine unleash the full details of the “Super Bowl Restaurant Smackdown” bet. Check out the link and watch all the chefs’ Twitter feeds, links below, for the agony (Statue of Liberty hats & pastrami in New England!) and ecstasy (lobster hats & clam chowder in New York!) on Sunday.
- News Bites: Boy Scouts Collecting for the RI Community Food Bank, Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers Market Opening, JWU Program Review and Tour
- News Bites: Local Agriculture and Seafood Act Grant Program Public Hearing, Tallulah on Thames Burgers BBQ & Sunday Suppers, Providence Chefs & Bartender to Represent at StarChefs in N.Y.
- News Bites: Newport Vineyards Opens Restaurant, DEM Farm Viability Grants, Cook & Brown Public House Wins National Competition
- Guest Editorial: Food for Thought on Food Day
- Dinner by Dames 2, Coming Sunday, November 2, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Blackbird Farm Bristol Champe Speidel chef David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner farm Farmstead Gracie's Jake Rojas Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway Persimmon Providence restaurant Rhode Island RI wine