Each year the editors of Food & Wine magazine select ten chefs from around the country as the Best New Chefs. This year, in addition to the editors’ selections, there will be a People’s Best New Chef choice. Food & Wine and CNN’s Eatocracy have nominated 100 chefs—ten chefs in ten regions of the United States—and now the online masses have until March 1 to whittle that down to one People’s Best New Chef. In the New England region Rhode Island has two nominees: Cook & Brown Public House‘s Chef Nemo Bolin and Tallulah on Thames‘s Chef Jake Rojas. Please vote for your favorite and show the country that Rhode Island has The People’s Best New Chef 2011: New England.
- Ellie’s Bakery Wins Rhode Island Food Fights The Spectacular Cookie Smackdown 2013
- Holiday News Bites: Junior League of Rhode Island, The Grange for Southside Community Land Trust, Easy Entertaining Inc.
- RI DEM News Release: DEM Seeking Nominations for Appointments to the Local Agriculture and Seafood Act Advisory Committee
- News Bites: Farm Fresh Rhode Island, Senator Jack Reed and the Farm Bill for Food Banks, the White Horse Tavern and Swiss Village Foundation
- RI DEM News Release: Seven Indoor Winter Farmers’ Markets Throughout the State Offer Rhode Islanders a Wide Variety of Local Products
Andrew Shotts award Beau Vestal beer Benjamin Sukle Blackbird Farm Boston Bristol Champe Speidel charcutepalooza charcuterie chef Chez Pascal cocktail competition Cook & Brown Public House DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner Ellen Gracyalny farm Farmstead food Garrison Confections Gracie's Jake Rojas Johnson & Wales La Laiterie lamb magazine Massachusetts Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway pastry Persimmon pig pork Providence recipe restaurant Rhode Island RI Tallulah on Thames The Dorrance wine