On Monday night March 15, 2010, a surprise party was held for Bruce Tillinghast, Chef/Owner of New Rivers in Providence, RI, to celebrate the restaurant’s twentieth birthday. When New Rivers’ Executive Chef Beau Vestal asked if I could cover the evening for posterity, of course I said yes. New Rivers is one of those rare gems of fine dining in Rhode Island. Sure, now you can’t turn a corner in Providence without walking into a fantastic restaurant. But in 1990 there were only a handful, and few have lasted twenty years, let alone twenty years of consistent excellence. So I was honored to join the party that evening, thrilled to bear witness to some of RI’s restaurant royalty as they happily extolled Bruce Tillinghast’s virtues, and also touched to see a group of food professionals—who probably don’t get together as often as they should—wax poetic. As someone who photographs some very emotional events, I can say this party for Tillinghast and his restaurant was full of warmth, laughter and an occasional tear in the corner of your eye.
- News Bites: Dave’s Coffee Exclusive, Fox Point Pickling Company, Fit2Cook4Kids at Whole Foods Market
- Chef Joe Simone Named Signature Chef for March of Dimes Rhode Island’s 13th Annual Signature Chef Auction
- News Bites: Hope & Main Readying to Open, Farm Fresh RI Farmers Markets, New Attractions in Newport & Bristol Counties
- Julians Win Rhode Island Food Fights Incredible Ice Cream Throwdown 2014
- News Bites: Rhode Island Boy’s Recipe Wins White House State Dinner Invitation, Senator Reed and Summer Food Service Program, Amos House Lunch Series & Cooking Classes
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Andrew Shotts award Beau Vestal Benjamin Sukle Blackbird Farm Boston Bristol Champe Speidel charcuterie chef Chez Pascal cocktail competition Cook & Brown Public House David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner Easy Entertaining Ellen Gracyalny farm Farmstead food Garrison Confections Gracie's Jake Rojas Janet Coit Kaitlyn Roberts La Laiterie lamb magazine Massachusetts Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway pastry Persimmon pork Providence restaurant Rhode Island Rhode Island Community Food Bank RI Tallulah on Thames The Dorrance wine