On Monday night March 15, 2010, a surprise party was held for Bruce Tillinghast, Chef/Owner of New Rivers in Providence, RI, to celebrate the restaurant’s twentieth birthday. When New Rivers’ Executive Chef Beau Vestal asked if I could cover the evening for posterity, of course I said yes. New Rivers is one of those rare gems of fine dining in Rhode Island. Sure, now you can’t turn a corner in Providence without walking into a fantastic restaurant. But in 1990 there were only a handful, and few have lasted twenty years, let alone twenty years of consistent excellence. So I was honored to join the party that evening, thrilled to bear witness to some of RI’s restaurant royalty as they happily extolled Bruce Tillinghast’s virtues, and also touched to see a group of food professionals—who probably don’t get together as often as they should—wax poetic. As someone who photographs some very emotional events, I can say this party for Tillinghast and his restaurant was full of warmth, laughter and an occasional tear in the corner of your eye.
- David Dadekian and Amy Bernhardt Receive Rhode Island Foundation 2014 Innovation Fellowships
- Chef Nemo Bolin of Cook & Brown Public House Wins Two Trophies at 2014 Boston American Lamb Jam
- News Bites: White House Kids’ “State Dinner,” Dave’s Coffee Syrup Goes National, Food & Wine’s People’s Best New Chef 2014
- News Bites: RI Hospitality Culinary Competition, Rhode Island Open Space Grants, Ocean State Job Lot Food Donation
- StarChefs.com 2014 Coastal New England Rising Stars Awards Comes to Providence
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Andrew Shotts award Beau Vestal Benjamin Sukle Blackbird Farm Boston Bristol Champe Speidel charcutepalooza charcuterie charity chef Chez Pascal cocktail competition Cook & Brown Public House David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner Ellen Gracyalny farm Farmstead food Garrison Confections Gracie's Jake Rojas La Laiterie lamb magazine Massachusetts Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway pastry Persimmon pork Providence recipe restaurant Rhode Island Rhode Island Community Food Bank RI Tallulah on Thames The Dorrance wine