On Monday night March 15, 2010, a surprise party was held for Bruce Tillinghast, Chef/Owner of New Rivers in Providence, RI, to celebrate the restaurant’s twentieth birthday. When New Rivers’ Executive Chef Beau Vestal asked if I could cover the evening for posterity, of course I said yes. New Rivers is one of those rare gems of fine dining in Rhode Island. Sure, now you can’t turn a corner in Providence without walking into a fantastic restaurant. But in 1990 there were only a handful, and few have lasted twenty years, let alone twenty years of consistent excellence. So I was honored to join the party that evening, thrilled to bear witness to some of RI’s restaurant royalty as they happily extolled Bruce Tillinghast’s virtues, and also touched to see a group of food professionals—who probably don’t get together as often as they should—wax poetic. As someone who photographs some very emotional events, I can say this party for Tillinghast and his restaurant was full of warmth, laughter and an occasional tear in the corner of your eye.
- Eat Drink RI Presents Napa Valley’s Barlow Vineyards at The Café of Easy Entertaining
- News Bites: RI DEM Farm Viability Grants, Providence Storefront Improvement, The Revolving Door
- Three Rhode Island Chefs and a Restaurant Named to 2014 James Beard Foundation Awards Semifinalists List
- Up-to-the-minute Feeds of Congressman Jim Langevin’s Rhode Island Food Week
- News Bites: RI Community Food Bank Canstruction 2014, The Savory Affair Food and Wine Tours, RI Hospitality Association News
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Andrew Shotts award Beau Vestal Benjamin Sukle Blackbird Farm Boston Bristol Champe Speidel charcutepalooza charcuterie charity chef Chez Pascal cocktail competition Cook & Brown Public House David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner Ellen Gracyalny farm Farmstead food Garrison Confections Gracie's Jake Rojas La Laiterie lamb magazine Massachusetts Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway pastry Persimmon pork Providence recipe restaurant Rhode Island Rhode Island Community Food Bank RI Tallulah on Thames The Dorrance wine