On Monday night March 15, 2010, a surprise party was held for Bruce Tillinghast, Chef/Owner of New Rivers in Providence, RI, to celebrate the restaurant’s twentieth birthday. When New Rivers’ Executive Chef Beau Vestal asked if I could cover the evening for posterity, of course I said yes. New Rivers is one of those rare gems of fine dining in Rhode Island. Sure, now you can’t turn a corner in Providence without walking into a fantastic restaurant. But in 1990 there were only a handful, and few have lasted twenty years, let alone twenty years of consistent excellence. So I was honored to join the party that evening, thrilled to bear witness to some of RI’s restaurant royalty as they happily extolled Bruce Tillinghast’s virtues, and also touched to see a group of food professionals—who probably don’t get together as often as they should—wax poetic. As someone who photographs some very emotional events, I can say this party for Tillinghast and his restaurant was full of warmth, laughter and an occasional tear in the corner of your eye.
- Gracie’s Chef Matthew Varga Wins at 2015 Boston Lamb Jam, Chef Tiffani Faison Takes Best in Show
- RI Food Policy Council Media Release: Rhode Island Receives $437,000 through USDA’s Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive Grant Program
- News Bites: Reed Announces $100K Grant for RI Public Health Institute, Lyle Morse Named Executive Chef Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa, Jack’s Abby Brewing Expands to R.I.
- News Bites: Bottles Fine Wine Begins Drizly Home Delivery, Harvesting Rhode Island Premieres on RI PBS, JWU Student Fellowship Award
- Bake. Eat. Love. Wins Rhode Island Food Fights Great Cupcake Championship 2015
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
@dadekian's Latest Instagram Photo:
Food Trucks In the Area
Blackbird Farm Champe Speidel chef cocktail David Dadekian DEM Department of Environmental Management Derek Wagner dinner farm Farmstead Gracie's Kaitlyn Roberts Massachusetts Matthew Varga Matt Jennings Melissa Denmark Newport New Rivers Nick's on Broadway Providence restaurant Rhode Island RI wine